In this tutorial we will explain how to use the VPN that is provided with your Seedbox.
Very important! Remember to always run the open VPN software as Administrator or you will put yourself at risk.
Step 1. Download OpenVPN from this website open vpn for seedbox
Step 2. Install the software and run it. Make sure to install TAP drivers when there is a popup.
Step 3. Download the zip file from the OpenVPN link provided in your mail.
Step 4. Open the folder location of the OpenVPN config folder on your HDD. The below screenshots will help you with the process.
Go one folder up to reach the base folder for installation
Open the config folder in it
Step 5. Now open the config zip folder that you had downloaded earlier and browse to the open VPN config file.
Step 6. Extract /Drag the client.ovpn file to the openvpn config folder.
Step 7. Run OpenVPN if you have not already done so and then go to the start up menu to find the OpenVPN icon and then click connect.
And you are all set and you have connected to VPN provided with your seedbox.
For Mac Os users
We advise Mac OS X users to change network settings and restart.
Go to: System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Configure IPv6 > change from Automatically to Link-local only
That change makes VPN more effective.To connect to Access Server from a MacOSX client computer, you need to follow these steps:
- Download and install an OpenVPN client for MacOSX
- Log in to the Access Server's Client Web Server and download the appropriate client config file (typically called “client.ovpn”)
- Run the OpenVPN client with the downloaded client config file
A popular OpenVPN client for Mac OS X is Tunnelblick. It can be obtained for free from http://code.google.com/p/tunnelblick/.
Follow these basic steps to use Tunnelblick with OpenVPN Access Server:
- Download the Tunnelblick_version.dmg file from http://code.google.com/p/tunnelblick/.
- Open the downloaded disk image file (which mounts the disk image).
- Drag the Tunnelblick icon (may be labeled “Tunnelblick.app”) to your Applications folder.
- After logging in to the Access Server's Client Web Server, download the client.ovpn file and place it in the ~/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations folder on the Mac.
- In new systems if you can't find the folder just double click on client.ovpn.
- Run Tunnelblick by double-clicking its icon in the Applications folder.
The first time Tunnelblick is run on a given Mac, it will ask the user for the user's password (on the Mac system). This is because Tunnelblick must have root privileges to run, as it modifies network settings as part of connecting to the VPN.